Best Concealers for Eyebrows Reviewed
Disclosure: We use affiliate links and may receive a small commission on purchases.
Eyebrows are said to be the frame of our eyes. We cannot disagree with this statement as they do play an important role in shaping our face. Eyebrows can make our break our entire look if they are poorly shaped and groomed. Not all women are blessed with perfect, bold and thick eyebrows. Some women have really thin eyebrows that has a negative effect on their self-esteem.
Luckily, our cosmetics industry has formulated certain beauty essentials to achieve those perfectly shaped eyebrows. Eyebrow concealers are all the talk of the town these days.
- Price: See Here
- Perfect for Daily Use
- Price: See Here
- L.A. Girl
- Perfect Consistency
- Price: See Here
As the name suggests, a concealer conceals imperfections, blemishes, dark circles and even enlarged pores on the face. In addition to all these amazing functions, a concealer can also be used to reshape your eyebrows and give them a clean finish.
An eyebrow concealer allows you to sculpt and highlight your brows. It makes your eyebrows look lifted and prominent. In addition, it can also be used to cover extra hair from around your brows. It does not matter if you have gotten your eyebrows done or not, an eyebrow concealer will hide everything.
Concealers come in liquid, powder-to-cream and crayon form. It is important to analyze your skin type and choose a concealer with a thick consistency when you are working with your eyebrows. We have listed below some of the best coverage concealers available online. Read the rest of the article to find which concealer best suits your needs.
10 Best Concealers for Eyebrows
1. Tarte Shape Tape Concealer
The Tarte Shape Tape Concealer is one of the top-selling concealers and there are good reasons why it has taken the beauty industry by storm the past few years. Shape Tape secures the top position in our list of concealers because of its amazing quality and consistent results.
This concealer has a cream consistency and is very thick. Its moisturizing formula leaves the skin supple without creating creases. The ingredients in this concealer like shea butter and mango seeds nourish and hydrate the skin, increasing its suppleness.
Shape Tape offers full coverage and is easy to blend. You can easily cover your brows with this concealer and draw on new ones in your preferred shape. You can also sculpt and highlight your brows using this concealer as it brightens your lid area as well.
This concealer claims to be long-lasting so you do not have to worry about reapplying it. It provides an opaque and matte finish and feels very light on the skin.
- Offers full coverage and smooth, matte finish
- The ingredients like mango seeds and shea butter keep the skin hydrated and moisturised
- Does not form creases or cause dryness
- Illuminates brow bone if used for sculpting
- Blends easily
- 30 shades for every skin tone
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- The application can be a little messy because of its big doe-foot applicator
2. NYX HD Studio Photogenic Concealer
It would not be incorrect to say that NYX HD Studio Photogenic Concealer is the best drugstore concealer ever. Because of its amazing consistency and formula, this concealer works well on all skin types.
HD Studio Photogenic Concealer’s formula is highly pigmented; a little goes a long way. Infused with natural conditioning agents, this concealer hydrates the skin as well and gives it a matte finish. The concealer is very lightweight and does not make your face look dry and flaky.
It is perfect for highlighting and sculpting eyebrows as it offers natural-looking coverage. It claims to stay in place throughout the day without creasing.
The consistency of this concealer is neither too thick nor too runny. It will clean-up the edges of your eyebrows perfectly. It is non-comedogenic, hence great for every skin type.
- Its highly pigmented yet lightweight formula allows natural-looking coverage
- A little goes a long way
- Comes in 23 different shades
- Its consistency makes it perfect for cleaning-up, sculpting and highlighting eyebrows
- Does not make your skin look cakey or dry because of its hydrating coverage
- Perfect for daily use
- Stays all day without creasing
- You have to be a little careful with the applicator while applying this concealer as it tends to pick up a lot of product
3. L.A. Girl Pro Concealer
L.A. Girl Pro Concealer is another amazing drugstore concealer that offers medium-to-full coverage. The consistency of this concealer is quite thick, and it blends really well on the skin without drying up or creasing.
Pro Concealer comes in a tube with a little brush on top. The concealer comes out by squeezing the tube so you can control the amount of product that is dispensed. The brush applicator also makes it easier for sculpting and highlighting the eyebrows. The consistency of this concealer allows you to build it up gradually to get the desired results.
This concealer offers a vast range of shades to choose from. The shade range includes all undertones, so it is possible for every woman with any undertone to find her match easily. The brand has also introduced a new range of products that include colour correctors and a highlighting shade that will look gorgeous on the brow bone.
- Perfect consistency that can be built up gradually
- Use your fingers or a brush to dab it and you are good to go
- Does not make the skin feel dry
- Offers a large range of shades
- Offers colour correctors as well as a highlighting shade
- The brush applicator can become saturated with the product over time
4. Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Concealer
This amazing concealer works like magic on the skin. Available in 18 shades, this it provides high coverage without making the skin dry and flaky.
The formula of this concealer is super light, yet it is very pigmented. It blends so well with or without the beauty blender. It will not make your face look cakey because of its super light texture and formula.
This concealer is great for highlighting and sculpting your eyebrows as it has a slight sheen to it. The finish is somewhere in-between matte and dewy and it does not need any powder to set it, as the slight sheen finish looks good as it is.
The formula of this concealer has ingredients like Goji berry and haloxyl. These ingredients are effective in reducing the appearance of your fine lines and dark circles over time. Instant Age Rewind’s amazing pigmentation effectively covers any stray hair around the eyebrows, making that area look clean and sharp.
- Creates a radiant and refreshed looking eye area
- Amazing pigmentation to hide imperfections
- Extremely lightweight formula
- Blends really well
- Slight shimmery finish
- Infused with Goji berry and haloxyl to remove fine lines and dark circles
- Does not make your face look cakey or dry
- Quite affordable
- Unique packaging with a cushion applicator
- Not cruelty-free
5. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer
This gorgeous-looking and high-end concealer comes in 16 different shades – good news for women of colour. Its full-coverage formula is easy to blend.
This concealer is infused with vitamin E, grapeseed extract and magnolia bark and proves to be amazing for acne-prone skin. Its coverage allows you to hide your eyebrows and draw on new ones. You do not have to use a lot of product to cover your eyebrows because a little goes a long way. It is highly pigmented yet creamy and lightweight.
Its formula is perfect for sculpting and highlighting eyebrows. Use a beauty blender or even your finger or a small brush to blend it and you are good to go. It does not make your face feel cakey or dry. Just dab a little setting powder on top of it and forget about it for the rest of the day as it is long-lasting. It also offers a sheer and natural glow.
- Provides excellent coverage, can hide your eyebrows really well
- Does not make your face look cakey
- Does not settle into fine lines
- Infused with vitamin E, grapeseed oil and magnolia bark for nourishing the skin
- Highly pigmented yet offers creamy and lightweight consistency
- Blends easily
- Does not irritate the skin
- Not cruelty-free
6. Jeffree Star Magic Star Concealer
The infamous Jeffree Star recently introduced his concealer in 30 shades. This concealer is highly pigmented and it claims to even conceal tattoos. This concealer is perfect for covering up brows because of its full coverage formula. It offers a matte finish.
The formula of this concealer is infused with ingredients that help with reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. This concealer is very brightening and can enhance your brow and under eye areas.
Magic Star Concealer has a thick consistency and can be a little hard to blend. However, if you want a concealer solely for the purpose of concealing your brows then this product is perfect for your needs.
The Jeffree Star Magic Star Concealer comes in beautiful packaging with a pink crystal on top of it. This aesthetic complements the product’s amazing quality.
- Offers full coverage
- Can hide tattoos
- Gives a brightening effect
- Perfect for concealing eyebrows or stray hairs
- Infused with ingredients with anti-aging properties
- Comes in beautiful packaging
- Can be a little hard to blend
7. Smashbox Studio Skin Concealer
The Smashbox Studio Skin Concealer is a waterproof and sweat-proof concealer that offers coverage for up to 24 hours. This concealer is perfect for sculpting as well as covering your eyebrows.
Studio Skin Concealer r has a nice creamy consistency and can be blended easily. It offers medium-to-full coverage and is buildable. You can build it up if you want to cover your eyebrows. Its hydrating formula does not make the skin dry. It does not crease or settle into fine lines.
This concealer is perfect for hiding scars and extra hairs around your eyebrows, giving you a clean finish.
It feels hydrating on the skin because of its formula and gives a slight luminous finish, which makes it perfect for sculpting and highlighting eyebrows.
- Waterproof and sweat-resistant
- Offers medium-to-high coverage
- Blends easily
- Does not make the skin look dry or patchy
- Creamy consistency
- The applicator does not pick enough product
- Oxidises a bit on the skin
8. Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat Radiance Perfecting Pen
YSL is known for its extremely pricey products. However, if you are someone who does not compromise on quality, you should totally invest in this brand’s amazing concealer.
This concealer is perfect if you use it for highlighting your brow bone as it offers a luminous finish. However, it will not be much help with hiding your eyebrows, as it does not offer full coverage. This concealer is solely for highlighting your face.
Touche Éclat looks like a pen and comes with a brush on top that dispenses the product. The brush makes the application really easy because it’s gentle touch won’t stretch out delicate skin in areas such as under your eyes. It leaves a matte finish yet gives the skin a gorgeous radiance. It also does not cake as it has a sheer consistency. The concealer’s sheer consistency allows the skin to show through. This product is for those who prefer radiance over coverage.
- Gives the skin a beautiful glow
- Perfect for highlighting and sculpting brow bone
- Blends really well
- Does not feel dry or unnatural on the skin
- Does not feel cakey on the skin
- The brush applicator makes it easy to apply in hard to reach areas
- Comes in gorgeous packaging
- Offers light coverage
- Quite expensive
9. Loreal Paris Magic Lumi Highlighter Concealer
This gorgeous looking concealer comes in a shiny metallic tube. It has a sheer application and leaves a glowing finish on the skin. The formula is very lightweight and can be blended easily.
This concealer has a shimmery finish so it is perfect for highlighting and sculpting your brow bone area. The consistency of this concealer is very thin and is easy to blend with either your fingers or a beauty blender. However, the sheer coverage will not be much of a help with covering your eyebrows.
This concealer is on the affordable side of beauty products. If you want a concealer solely for highlighting your brow bones, then you should totally go for this one.
- Offers a luminous finish
- Perfect for highlighting brow bones
- Blends easily
- Comes in a gorgeous tube
- Extremely affordable
- Does not offer a wide range of shades
- Not suitable for dry skin
10. Anastasia Beverly Hills Pro Pencil Concealer
The Anastasia Beverly Hills Pro Pencil Concealer is shaped like a pencil and has a cream-to-powder consistency. It is perfect for precise and controlled application.
This concealer is best for hiding extra eyebrow hairs. It offers full coverage and is great for covering blemishes and imperfections as well. It also blends really easily and does not make your skin look dry or flaky.
Pro Pencil Concealer acts as a perfect highlighter for brow bones because of its consistency and finish. You can also sculpt your eyebrows using this pencil as it offers controlled application.
- Multipurpose concealer pencil
- Offers controlled and precise application
- Blends easily
- Perfect for highlighting brow bones
- Does not make your skin look cakey or flaky
- Offers medium-to-full coverage
- Offers only three shades
- Needs to be sharpened quite frequently
Factors to Consider before Buying a Concealer for Eyebrows
Our beauty industry is filled with many unique concealers. All these concealers work differently on different types of skin. The shades for each skin tone are also different. It is very important to analyze your skin type as well as skin tone for the right choice of concealer. The following factors should be considered before buying a concealer for a flawless finish:
- Always go for a concealer that is at least two shades lighter than your skin tone. The lighter concealer will give your eyebrows a more lifted and radiant look.
- If you have oily skin, stay away from stick concealers as they tend to clog pores. Go for a liquid concealer that offers a matte finish as it will mask any oily sheen in your complexion.
- If you have dry skin, you should never buy a liquid concealer that offers a matte finish. Liquid concealers with a matte finish dry up quickly and give a flaky look to the skin. It is better to choose a liquid concealer with either a satin or a luminous finish, as it will glide smoothly over your skin without drying it up.
- Always look for the concealers with natural ingredients. Such concealers tend to nourish the skin and make it look better over the course of time.
- If you want a concealer solely for the purpose of highlighting your eyebrows or cheekbones and not concealing them, then you should choose a highlighting concealer. Such concealers are extremely radiant and give your eyebrows and cheekbones a nice lift.
Types of Concealers
Our beauty industry offers a wide range of concealers to choose from. These concealers have different textures and consistencies for different results and come in different shades as well. Many brands also offer some colour correctors in their product line. Choosing the concealer best suited to your needs can be hard when you have to choose from limitless choices. However, the wrong concealer can prove to be a disaster when you are applying your makeup. Women with dry or oily skin should use different types of concealers. We have discussed every type of concealer for you below to find your true match according to your skin type.
1. Liquid Concealers
Liquid concealers are the most common and widely used amongst women. They offer different finishes depending upon their formulas.
- A liquid concealer offering a matte finish is usually long-lasting. It also blends really well and offers a seamless finish. However, it should be avoided by women with dry skin as it can cause dryness and flakiness of the skin over the course of time. A liquid concealer that offers matte finish and full coverage proves to be perfect for covering stray eyebrow hairs or eyebrows as a whole to shape them the way you want.
- Some liquid concealers offer luminous and radiant finishes for the purpose of highlighting and creating glowing skin. These concealers glide smoothly over the skin and blend easily. Women who want to highlight their brows, nose or cheekbones can use a concealer with a radiant finish. Make sure to use a small amount of product for highlighting purposes. Just keep in mind that these concealers are not helpful when it comes to covering blemishes, dark circles or eyebrows.
- There are some liquid concealers that offer a satin and more natural looking finish. These concealers can be used when you want to skip applying foundation. They give you an awake and refreshed look. They also hide blemishes and imperfections because of their excellent coverage. If you want to go for an everyday natural look, you should opt for such concealers.
2. Cream Concealers
The consistency of these concealers is thicker than liquid concealers. They offer medium-to-full coverage and prove to be very effective in covering blemishes, imperfections, acne marks, dark circles and discolorations.
The best way to apply these concealers is with your fingers. However, you can also apply them with a brush or a beauty blender. The cream concealers are buildable as well. You can build it up gradually until you achieve perfect results. These concealers are usually a little hard to blend. You should moisturize your skin well before using cream concealers.
The cream concealer also tends to sit in fine lines and creases. Therefore, if you are using a cream concealer, you need to set it well with powder to avoid creasing.
3. Stick Concealers
Stick concealers come in the form of a stick with a very thick and creamy consistency. They offer amazing coverage and finish and leaves the skin looking radiant.
A stick concealer is perfect when it comes to covering up eyebrows, dark circles and imperfections. It also a wonderful option for brightening the under eye area. It is better to blend this concealer with fingers. However, a small concealer brush can also be effective while blending out a stick concealer.
These types of concealers tend to clog pores, so it is important to look into their ingredients first before using them. You should avoid using stick concealers if you have oily skin, as they tend to feel quite heavy on the skin. Women with acne-prone skin should also stay away from these concealers; however, they can prove to be perfect for women with dry skin.
How to Use a Concealer for Shaping Eyebrows
The secret to perfect eyebrows is a using good concealer which tends to lift our eyebrows, making them noticeable and attractive. However, after choosing a concealer perfect for your needs, you also need to know the right technique to highlight, sculpt or even cover your eyebrows for a perfect finish. The following steps will help you achieve perfect looking eyebrows.
For Sculpting and Highlighting
- Start by applying foundation first. After that, brush your brows and set them using a brow brush.
- Starting from the inner edge of your eyebrows, line your eyebrows with the help of a pencil. The shade should match either your skin tone or the tone of your hair. Do not create a dark or a harsh line. Keep the line very sheer for a more natural look.
- Now, start filling in your brows with the help of a pencil or a powder. Keep your strokes light and natural. Line the upper side of your eyebrows using a light hand. Use a brush or a spoolie brush to blend everything.
- It is time to use the concealer now. If you are using a liquid concealer, you can use the wand of the concealer or an angled brush according to your preference. If you are using a pen concealer, then you do not need to use a brush.
- Apply the concealer carefully along the lower edge of your brows. Blend it thoroughly. Now, apply a concealer at the upper side of your eyebrows. You can also use the concealer to clean up any extra product remaining on your eyebrows. This will give you a clean finish.
- After blending in the concealer, you need to set it with a setting powder. If you want a luminous and highlighted finish, you can skip the setting part.
- Flaunt your perfect looking and symmetrical eyebrows!
For Covering Up Eyebrows
There are many instances when you are in a hurry and cannot get your eyebrows done. In such cases, concealers are there for you. You can grab your concealer and hide all the unwanted stray eyebrow hairs.
- Make sure you have your foundation on.
- Start by applying the concealer on the stray hairs of your eyebrows.
- You can control the thickness of the product over your brow hairs until they start to disappear.
- Blend the concealer thoroughly with the help of a small concealer brush.
- Set the concealer with the help of a loose setting powder and you are good to go.
Concealers have widely been used for covering up blemishes, imperfections, dark circles and discolouration. These days, eyebrow concealing, sculpting and highlighting is in vogue. It can be a little tricky in the beginning but gets easier once you get the hang of it. All you need is practice, patience, the right technique and the right concealer. In this article, we have compiled all the important information and tips and tricks for achieving gorgeous looking thick eyebrows. Following our guide will help you make the right choice of concealer for lifting, highlighting and flaunting your gorgeous eyebrows.
Your Questions Answered (FAQ)
Should I Use the Concealer on Top Of or Under my Foundation?
A concealer should always be applied on top of the foundation. Applying it underneath your foundation could cause the colour to change.
What Should Be the Tone of the Concealer Used for Eyebrows?
The concealer should always be two tones lighter than your natural skin colour. It is important to go for the lighter shades when you are highlighting or sculpting your eyebrows. Using the same shade of concealer as your skin tone will only make you look dull and tired.
Is It Important to Use a Beauty Blender or a Concealer Brush to Blend Out the Concealer?
No, it is not necessary for you to use a beauty blender or a concealer brush for blending out the concealer. For some concealers, your fingers prove to be excellent blenders as they offer maximum control.