Best Rosehip Oils For Skin
Disclosure: We use affiliate links and may receive a small commission on purchases.
Having flawless, smooth and even-toned skin is the dream of every woman on this planet. While not all of us want a porcelain complexion, the importance of having wrinkle-free and even skin tone cannot be ignored.
Many women suffer from hyperpigmentation, wrinkles, fine lines and dryness on their faces. These are caused by genetics, our diet, environmental conditions and aging. There is no product that can get rid of all these imperfections alone. However, a combination of essential oils can help fix correct your skin woes. One of those essential oils is the Rosehip seed oil.
- THE ORDINARY 100% ORGANIC ROSEHIP OIL
- Packed with Natural Ingredients
- TRILOGY CERTIFIED ORGANIC ROSEHIP OIL
- Perfect for Sensitive Skin
- PAI ORGANIC ROSEHIP OIL
- Infused with Vitamin E
Discovered recently, rosehip oil stands above all other oils for more than one reason. Rosehip oil is touted to have anti-aging benefits. It is also good for treating acne and is a natural source of vitamins C and A, and retinol.
Rosehip oil is extracted from rose bushes and contains substantial amounts of unsaturated fatty acids that prove to be very nourishing to the skin. Linoleic acid is the most abundant property in rosehip oil followed by alpha-linoleic acid and oleic acid.
Its high concentration of fatty acids and antioxidants makes rosehip oil a natural skin-moisturizing ingredient. Some studies show that topical application of rosehip oil helps fade scars and is helpful for anti-inflammatory skin diseases such as eczema as well as dry and flaky skin.
Oxidative stressors like pollution, UV rays from the sun and smoking ultimately lead to skin aging. However, rosehip oil is said to neutralize the oxidative stress that we encounter on a day-to-day basis. Hence, rosehip oil is a logical ingredient for anti-aging.
Rosehip oil is also packed with vitamins C and A. Vitamin C, if applied topically to the skin, has been shown to help combat damage from UV rays and to improve hyperpigmentation. It has also been shown to be helpful in boosting collagen production in the deeper layers of the skin.
Vitamin A in the rosehip oil has shown to yield some of the similar effects as applying retinol, like improving wrinkles, reducing fine lines diminishing hyperpigmentation and controlling acne. Below, we have compared some of the best rosehip oils for the face as well as the body.
10 Best Rosehip Oils for Skin
1. The Ordinary 100% Organic Rosehip Seed Oil
This oil is different from other oils in nutritional value and molecular structure, as it is cold-pressed and does not involve any heat in its derivation. Heat is said to destroy nutrients as well as affect the purity of a substance. The cold-pressed rosehip oil preserves all of the nutrients in their purest form for optimum results.
The Ordinary’s rosehip oil includes a blend of vitamins A and C as well as certain antioxidants and omega fatty acids that help fight hyperpigmentation, sun damage, acne scarring, fine lines and wrinkles. It has a very nice consistency that is not too thick and not too runny either. It blends nicely into the skin and soaks up pretty quickly. A little goes a long way, so it is recommended to use only 1-2drops, as using a lot would leave you with a greasy face.
The Ordinary Rosehip Seed Oil is going to be your best friend if you have dry and sensitive skin, as it is very hydrating. This oil can be used on the body as well. It is especially beneficial during the winter, as the skin tends to get really dry because of the cold air. It locks moisture in the skin as well as makes it look radiant.
The best thing about this oil is that it comes in a dark bottle that saves the oil inside it from exposure to oxygen and sunlight. Usually, the shelf life of any oil is six months, but the photosensitive bottle extends the shelf life of this oil.
- Does not feel too oily on the skin, soaks up and blends nicely
- 100% organic and cold-pressed
- Packed with nutrients that protect skin against wrinkles, fine lines, hyperpigmentation and scarring
- Locks moisture in the skin, making it feel hydrated
- Improves dull complexion with regular use
- Improves the texture of skin
- For all skin types
2. Trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil
This oil is perfect for sensitive skin, as it does not irritate or burn the skin when applied. It takes care of acne, redness, blemishes, scarring and sun damage. This oil is especially helpful for pregnant women who are dealing with hormonal acne. It fades away acne scars and lesions pretty quickly.
The Trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil contains omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids. These fatty acids are essential as they nourish, hydrate and heal the skin. This oil also works to diminish fine lines and wrinkles with regular use. It contains linoleic acid that reduces hyperpigmentation and makes the skin look radiant by fading acne scars and age spots.
This oil comes in a dark bottle and will last for six months. You can use every single drop of it without having to worry about it going bad.
- 100% organic
- Perfect for women with sensitive skin
- Packed with omega fatty acids and vitamins
- Helps diminish signs of age, acne scars and sun damage
- Fades dark spots and age spots
- Contains linoleic acid that reduces hyperpigmentation
- Comes in a photosensitive dark bottle to extend its shelf life
- For all skin types
3. PAI Organic Rosehip BioRegenerate Oil
The ingredients are rosehip seed oil, rosehip fruit oil, Tocopherol (vitamin E) and rosemary extract. These ingredients work together to make your skin look rejuvenated and hydrated. It also contains omega fatty acids that help repair skin.
This organic oil is perfect for acne-prone skin as it does not make the face feel oily or greasy and absorbs quickly. It hydrates and moisturizes skin without feeling heavy or clogging pores. It also helps with evening-out skin tone and reducing hyperpigmentation.
This oil helps with reducing acne scars as well as inflammation because of its healing properties. It also soothes skin and gives it a slight glow. The vitamin E in its formula makes sure that it does not go bad soon.
- Packed with organic ingredients for best results
- Perfect for acne-prone skin
- Absorbs easily into the skin
- Help reduce wrinkles and fine lines
- Hydrates the skin without feeling heavy
- Contains vitamin E that increases its shelf life
- Suitable for all skin types
- Quite expensive
4. Radha Rosehip Oil
Radha Rosehip Oil does not have any scent, which means that it is 100% pure and organic. It is lightweight and does not feel greasy on the skin. It contains antioxidants and other nutrients that help combat dry skin and leave you with a hydrated, moisturized and glowing complexion.
It also contains a number of vitamins that diminish age signs, hyperpigmentation, acne scars and sun damage. The soothing formula helps relieve inflammation and redness on the skin. This organic and lightweight oil does not irritate or burn the skin when applied. It can be used at night as well as in the morning for best results.
- 100% pure and organic
- Absorbs quickly
- Lightweight and does not feel heavy on the skin
- Hydrates, moisturizes and imparts a glow to the skin
- Packed with vitamins and antioxidants
- Helps reduce hyperpigmentation, age signs and sun-damaged skin
- Suitable for all skin types
- Quite affordable
- Might stain your pillow because of its slight yellow tint
5. Pixi Skintreats Rose Oil Blend
Pixi Skintreats Rose Oil Blend has eight ingredients. Out of these eight ingredients, seven of them are natural oils. This perfect blend of natural oils leaves skin nourished, plump and rejuvenated. A little goes a long way so it is better to use 3-4 drops at a time. Its smooth and runny consistency makes it glide over the skin like magic and is absorbed into the skin quickly and efficiently.
It claims to reduce inflammation as well as redness in the skin because of the soothing oils. This oil also locks moisture into the skin, leaving it nourished and hydrated. It evens out skin tone and helps fight age signs and spots, acne scarring and imperfections. It does not feel irritating on the skin despite its slight scent.
- Infused with a natural blend of oils
- Rejuvenates and plumps skin, providing extra nourishment
- Helps fade acne scars and age spots
- Leaves skin feeling hydrated and moisturized
- Soothes inflammation and redness
- A little goes a long way
- Does not irritate the skin
- Leaves skin glowing
- Suitable for all skin types
- Quite expensive for a small amount of product
6. Pura d´or Professional Organic Rosehip Oil
Its main ingredient, Kakadu plum, is known to be the richest source of vitamin C. It delivers nourishment to dry and flaky skin and helps fight against age spots, wrinkles and fine lines. In addition, ingredients like crown of gold, Lilli Pilli and Quandong promote cell regeneration and help rejuvenate the skin.
The product has a runny texture that is soaked up pretty quickly by the skin. It does not leave your skin feeling greasy or oily. It is recommended to use only 2-3 drops, as a little goes a long way. This organic rosehip seed oil leaves skin feeling refreshed, hydrated, revitalised and glowing.
- Organic and pure
- Contains a blend of natural oils and antioxidants
- Leaves skin feeling nourished and plump
- Hydrates skin without making it greasy
- A little goes a long way
- Helps diminish age signs, hyperpigmentation and acne scars
- Contains a healthy amount of vitamin C for radiant looking skin
- Improves complexion by evening out skin tone
- Might cause breakouts
7. Teddie Organics Rosehip Seed Oil
The oil is cold-pressed, which means that it has all the pureness preserved within. This oil acts as a perfect moisturizer and leaves your skin feeling plump and supple. The rosehip seed oil also contains vitamin C and other antioxidants that help combat skin issues related to age, sun and dryness.
The Teddy Organics Rosehip Seed Oil also helps with fading stretch marks after pregnancy. It can be used anywhere on the body, even on the hair.
It soothes and does not irritate sensitive skin. Your skin tone will also be improved after using this beauty potion regularly. This oil comes in a dark photosensitive bottle that increases its shelf life and saves you money.
- Made up of 100% pure and organic rosehip seed oil extracted directly from the rose bush
- Provides hydration and nourishment to the skin
- Absorbs quickly into the skin
- Infused with beta-carotene, antioxidants and vitamin C
- Improves skin texture and elasticity
- Evens out skin tone, leaving you with radiant and glowing skin
- Comes in photosensitive packaging
- Has an odd scent
8. Kate Blanc Rosehip Seed Oil
This oil includes vitamins A and C and anti-inflammatory fatty acids that help diminish wrinkles, fine lines and hyperpigmentation due to acne or sun-damage. It is also helpful in improving acne scars and dark spots. Its natural and pure ingredients make the skin ultra-nourished and evens out skin tone.
This oil works great for women with skin conditions like dermatitis and eczema because of its ultra-moisturizing formula.
This product is free from chemicals and is safe for everyday use. It can also be used anywhere on the body, even on the scalp. Its mild formula does not irritate or burn the skin.
- 100% pure and organic rosehip seed oil
- Locks moisture into the skin
- Leaves skin ultra-nourished and hydrated
- Perfect for acne-prone skin
- Does not leave skin feeling greasy or oily
- Rich in antioxidants, anti-inflammatory agents, and vitamins A and C
- Can be used anywhere on the body
- Mild formula
- Can cause breakouts
- Does not come in sturdy packaging
9. Sukin Certified Organic Rosehip Oil
It is infused with 80 percent essential fatty acids, anti-aging oxidant (lycopene) and beta-carotenes. These ingredients protect skin from the UV rays of the sun, dark spots, age spots and work to improve skin texture and complexion.
Women with sensitive and dry skin have the best results when using this oil. It hydrates dry and parched skin, leaving it soft and supple. It also retains elasticity of the skin.
It is recommended to use this oil in the morning. A little goes a long way so it is better to use only 2-3 drops. It glides smoothly over the skin as it is efficiently absorbed.
- Contains a blend of nourishing nutrients for healthier-looking skin
- 100% certified organic and pure
- Infused with antioxidants and vitamins to fight age signs, hyperpigmentation and parched skin
- A little goes a long way
- Does not make skin look greasy or oily
- Leaves skin dewy and hydrated
- Might leave yellow stains on bedding or clothing
10. Majestic Pure Rosehip Oil
It is infused with antioxidants, vitamins and fatty acids that are essential for skin elasticity and health. It proves as an excellent moisturizer for the face as well as beneficial for nails, hair and other parts of the body.
It is free from any unnatural additives or chemicals, which makes it perfect for everyday use. It soothes skin because of its anti-inflammatory properties and works for diminishing redness and inflammation of acne –prone and sensitive skin.
It does not make the face oilier after its application. The lightweight formula blends easily and is absorbed quickly. It comes in dark bottle that saves the oil inside from sun and oxygen thus increasing its shelf life.
- 100% pure and organic formula
- Packed with anti-aging nutrients
- Provides excellent nourishment to skin, nails and hair
- Good for tightening and toning skin
- Features anti-inflammatory properties
- Does not feel overly greasy or oily
- Not suited for oily skin
Things to Consider Before Buying Rosehip Oil
The beauty industry promotes many different types of rosehip oils. Almost every other skin care brand has developed its own formula of rosehip oils. However, not all of them are good for you. You should consider the following things before investing in a rosehip oil.
- Always look for a rosehip oil that is certified organic.(product 2) Our skin is the most important part of our body and we do not want to pollute it with chemicals. Therefore, it is important to look for organic and natural products for our skin.
- It is important to see whether a rosehip oil is cold-pressed (product 1) or not. Being cold-pressed means that the products is in its purest form. Some products are derived from heat and that reduces their nutritional value and efficiency.
- Some rosehip oils tend to have a slight rosy scent to them. These oils might irritate people with sensitive skin and who have sensitivities to fragrances. Therefore, women with sensitive skin should always opt for odourless rosehip oils (product 4) to protect their skin from unwanted rashes and allergies.
- Pure rosehip oil (product 7) has a yellowish-orange colour and an earthy smell. You should always check the colour as well as the smell of the oil before buying it. Never buy an oil that has added colour or fragrance as it will not be 100% pure and organic.
- It is better to buy a rosehip oil that comes in a dark bottle. (product 6) The photosensitive bottle protects the rosehip oil from oxygen and sun. This increases the shelf life of the oil and you can use it till the last drop without worrying.
- Look for a rosehip oil that is suitable for all skin types. (product 5) Some rosehip oils cause breakouts with oily skin. It is better to avoid them at all costs.
How to Use Rosehip Oil
Now that you know about the various benefits of rosehip oil, we’ll tell you how you can apply it on your skin.
- Start by cleaning your face with a mild cleanser. Add 2-3 drops of the oil onto your palm and rub your palms together to warm it up.
- Now, massage the oil gently onto the skin in an upward direction. The oil with soak up pretty quickly after application.
- For women with acne, it should be applied directly to the affected area if used solely for the purpose of acne clearing.
- It can also be layered with your favourite moisturizer or any other skincare product.
- It is better to use rosehip oil at night before bed as it ensures better results while you are sleeping. Be careful, as some rosehip oils tend to leave a yellow stain on pillowcases.
Benefits of Using Rosehip Oil
There are ton of beauty products that act as a moisturizer, help tighten skin and improve overall skin texture. However, they are not entirely organic. They have chemicals in them that prove to be harmful to skin in the long run. This is why many celebrities across the globe have started using organic and natural alternatives for fighting skin issues. One of those alternatives is the rosehip seed oil that is 100% organic and natural. We have discussed some of the benefits of rosehip seed oil below to enlighten you as to why you need it as part of your skincare regimen.
- Packed with omega fatty acids and vitamins A and C, rosehip oil proves to be perfect in reducing age signs like wrinkles and fine lines. These essential fatty acids and vitamins boost collagen production and make skin young and fresh-looking.
- Rosehip oil is infused with nourishing fatty acids that hydrate and moisturize the skin. It does not feel overly oily and greasy on the skin and gets absorbed pretty quickly. It gives a dewy and plump feeling of your skin.
- The essential fatty acids and vitamins also work perfectly as a brightening agent. Applying rosehip oil at night and letting it absorb in your skin can give you an even-toned and brighter complexion. It improves the texture of the skin as well, as lifts it up, making it look younger.
- Retinol (vitamin A) is said to lighten dark spots that either appear due to aging or ultraviolet rays from the sun. Rosehip oil is packed with vitamin A and helps protect against age spots as well as dark spots.
- Rosehip oil improves the elasticity of skin as well. It gives your face a firmer look and help you combat sagging skin.
- It is also very good at healing bruises and scars. In ancient times, it was used by people to heal their wounds and scars. Its skin regenerating properties as well as anti-inflammatory fatty acids, make it an excellent wound and scar healer.
- If combined with baking soda, rosehip oil can prove to be an excellent exfoliator. However, it can irritate skin in some cases.
- Rosehip oil helps fade blemishes and reduce inflammation as well as redness on the skin because of its anti-inflammatory fatty acids. Its regular use can help you get rid of acne scars and imperfections completely.
- It is also helpful in treating some skin issues like eczema, rosacea and dry and flaky skin.
- Rosehip oil not only makes the skin of your face better but also improves the texture of your nails as well as your hair.
- Rosehip oil is packed with antioxidants and fatty acids like linoleic acid that protect the cell membranes from breaking down. It acts as a barrier against foreign bacteria and protect against several bacterial infections, which can lead to breakouts and other skin issues. This is how rosehip oil boosts immunity.
The recent discovery of rosehip oil has proven to be really beneficial for skin as well as hair and nails. Organic products have always been attracting people and the reason is their purity and efficiency. Rosehip oil has been the best thing ever to be discovered because of its numerous benefits.
There are not many products in the beauty industry that are chemical- and preservative-free. Rosehip oil is the perfect blend of natural ingredients for all your skin woes. This list of best rose hip oils will inform you of the benefits of rosehip oil, the best way to use it, things to consider before buying a rosehip oil and different rosehip oils that you can invest in for a flawless, even, young-looking and wrinkle-free complexion.
Your Questions Answered (FAQ)
Can we use rosehip oil every day?
It depends on your skin condition. If you have extremely dry skin that needs hydration, then it can be used every night before bed. If you have oily skin, then it is better to use it three or four times in a week.
Can we layer rosehip oil?
Rosehip oil can be layered with any skin care product you want. However, for some women, it can make their face greasy if mixed with a hydrating moisturizer.
Is rosehip oil safe to use around eyes?
Rosehip oil is rich in antioxidants and vitamins that help diminish fine lines around the eyes. They do not irritate the skin. Therefore, it is safe to use around the eyes.
Can women with oily skin use rosehip oil?
Women with oily skin can definitely use rosehip oil. However, its overuse can cause breakouts. Therefore, it is important to use it in moderation if you have oily skin.