Best Hot Rollers For Long Hair
Disclosure: We use affiliate links and may receive a small commission on purchases.
Despite the latest hair trends, long hair never goes out of fashion. If you are a woman who is blessed with long and straight hair, you have the privilege of styling your hair any way you want. From curling the hair to creating a perfect updo, women with long hair can style their hair in several unique ways and look astonishingly beautiful.
Flat straight hair can be quite boring sometimes. Long hair tends to weigh more so it pulls your hair down, making it look flat. When women with long and flat hair want to change their appearance how can they achieve it? Obviously, by adding some volume in their hair and that is only possible by creating big and bouncy curls!
- John Frieda Body and Shine Smooth Waves Hot Rollers
- Luxurious and Elegant
- BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Hot Rollers
- Remington H5670NA Velvety Rollers Set
Curling straight hair can be a little tricky. Curling fine hair can be even trickier. Many women tend to use curling irons and wands to achieve gorgeous and bodacious curls. However, these curling irons and wands usually do not give the perfect results for long hair.
Why is that? The reason is that the wand or the iron cannot contain the whole length of the hair, thus resulting in a few curls at the base of the hair. This does not help with creating volume at all. The curling irons and wands also come with a disadvantage of burning your hair and skin too quickly because of their high heat. Therefore, if you have straight and fine hair, you need to ditch the curling irons and wands for your own good.
Hot rollers prove to be the best and most efficient alternatives if you want perfect and long-lasting results. These rollers use the least amount of heat, thus minimizing the damage to your hair and your skin is not burned because it does not come into contact with the heated appliance. Hot rollers are also not heavy on the pocket, proving to be the best possible option for achieving perfect curls.
Here, we have listed the best hot rollers you can use for creating beautiful, professional quality, and long-lasting curls. Choose your perfect fit, get gorgeous
hair and face the world head-on with confidence!
10 Best Hot Rollers For Long Hair
1. John Frieda Body and Shine Smooth Waves Hot Rollers
Made by the experts, these hot rollers make it to the top of our list because of their exceptional quality and functionality. The John Frieda rollers provide beautiful and bouncy curls in less than two minutes!
What sets this hot roller set apart is the quantity, 12, and range of diameters (four 1-in., four 2 ½-in., four 1 ½-in.) The different rollers can be used according to your needs and the type of curls you want. The rollers with smaller diameter create tighter curls and the rollers with larger diameter provide bigger and bouncier curls. These rollers can also be mixed up to get variations in the curls.
The John Frieda hot rollers feature a high-voltage ionic generator that offers more power than the usual ionic generators used in most of the hot roller sets. The advanced ionic control reduces frizz by neutralizing the positive charge in the hair, flattening the cuticles. This ensures the manageability of unruly hair, which in turn provides smooth and shiny curls.
The attractive lavender-coloured rollers heat up quickly and provide even heat to their surface, creating perfect curls out of flat straight hair. The temperature of these rollers can be controlled as well.
- The advanced ionic conditioning makes your hair more manageable, making curls look, healthier, shinier, and smoother
- Rollers with different diameters can be used to achieve different types and sizes of curls
- Different heat settings for different types of hair
- Advanced high-ionic generator
- Different-sized rollers to achieve different-sized curls
- Temperature control
- Quick and uniform heating system
- Comes with butterfly clips
- Difficulty curling short hair
2. BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Hot Rollers
There are 20 multi-sized rollers six small ¾-in., six medium 1-in. and eight large 1¼in.) rollers in this set. The rollers feature a Nano titanium core, which heats them up quickly. The heat from the rollers shapes the hair beautifully and holds curls in place for longer periods.
The rollers protect your hair from being burned as they are covered in a velvety material. The velvety material prevents the rollers from overheating thus protecting your hair. These rollers provide terrific results in long hair in a short amount of time. The curls these rollers create are big and impressive.
These rollers also ensure smooth looking curls without frizz and dead ends because of their amazing quality.
- Twenty different sized rollers for different types and sizes of curls
- Nano titanium core producing heat quickly
- Soft velvety surface to protect hair and keep them in place
- Ultra-fast heating up system
- Includes 20 butterfly clips and 20 metal pins
- Twenty rollers
- Protects hair from being burned and damaged
- Creates great grip on hair
- Great for long and thick hair
- Heats up too quickly
3. Remington H5670NA Velvety Rollers Set
This set features 20 rollers with different diameters (six 1¼-in., ten 1-in. and four ¾-in.) The rollers are categorized by colours for you to use them with ease. The pins are classified by colours as well. Each roller is covered with a velvety covering to hold hair efficiently. The set also comes with an indicator for letting you know when the rollers are heated and ready to use.
These rollers use ionic conditioning and thermal wax core technology. This technology ensures a longer hold of heat, keeping your curls bouncy all day. These rollers are especially made for women with coarse and thick hair. The ionic conditioning makes the curls frizz-free, smoother and shinier.
- Uses ionic conditioning for smoother hair
- Uses thermal wax core technology to hold your curls for longer
- Different sized colour-coded rollers for you to use them with ease
- The rollers come in a large, sturdy and modern box
- Includes J-clips for holding hair firmly and minimizing creasing
- Uses ionic conditioning and thermal wax core system for flawless curls
- Rollers are colour-coded
- Comes with a heat indicator
- Comes with an attractive and stylish looking box
- Cool touch ends
- Not recommended for fine or short hair
4. Revlon Curls-to-Go Hot Rollers
This set features 10 multi-sized rollers (five 1-in. and five ¾-in.)These rollers use ionic technology to make the curls appear soft and hold them in place for longer periods.
Each roller is ribbed and made up of ceramic to provide optimum heat for better curls. The top of each roller has a dot that turns white to indicate that the rollers have heated enough and are ready to use. If you are a woman with super delicate and fine hair, these rollers are for you because they do not heat up much, protecting your hair from damage.
- Excellent for travelling because of its compact size and portability
- Ten multi-sized rollers for different size of curls
- Ceramic and ribbed rollers protect hair from overheating and damage
- Comes with extra pins to keep your rollers in place
- Ceramic rollers for controlled heat generation
- Comes with a cute travel pouch
- Best for thin hair
- Does not work well with thick, coarse, and frizzy hair
5. T3 Voluminous Hot Rollers
The PTC heater self-regulates the wattage, providing uniform heat throughout the rollers. It also reaches 250 degrees in a shorter amount of time because of aluminium heat sink cores.
The rollers grip the hair firmly because of their velvety texture. These rollers also balance out static in your hair, leaving it silky and smooth. These rollers come with a detachable cord, charging base and a gorgeous black tote bag.
- High quality rollers for best results
- Multi-sized rollers to achieve the size of curls you want
- The velvety surface of the rollers makes it easier to grip hair
- Comes with a detachable cord, charging base, and tote bag for storage
- Creates huge, voluminous curls
- Keeps the curls in place throughout the day
- Perfect for all hair types
- Quite expensive
6. Calista Tools Ion Hot Rollers
All the rollers in this set are of same size (1-in.) and have an amazing length of 5 ½inches. These rollers offer gorgeous curls for long hair without the struggle of getting all the hair around the roller.
These rollers use PTC heating technology that heats them up quickly. This makes the rollers hot for a good 20 minutes. Each roller contains a dot on top that turns dark to indicate that they are fully heated and ready to use.
These rollers are also perfect for colour-treated hair as they use infrared technology and various mineral powders. The Calista tools ion hot rollers come with a charging base, 12 hair clips to hold the rollers and a travel bag that makes it easy to carry with you while travelling.
- Twelve same-sized long rollers
- Uses PTC heating technology for quick results
- Uses infrared technology for colour-treated and damaged hair
- Comes with a charging base, 12 clips and a travel bag
- Long rollers perfect for long hair
- Uses latest technology for best results
- Portable and easy to carry around
7. Caruso C97953 Professional Hot Rollers
The good thing about these rollers is that they do not heat up too much, protecting your hair from being damaged. These rollers also create long-lasting and soft looking curls.
This hot roller set is perfect if you are an international traveller because it uses dual voltage so it can be plugged anywhere you go. The set also comes with an additional bonus bag, making all your travel worries disappear.
- Patented design sets it apart from other hot rollers
- Rollers are infused with steamed moisture
- Twenty-four multi-sized rollers
- Creates well-defined and smooth looking curls
- Comes with an extra storage bag for easy organization
- Protects hair from heat damage
- Perfect for all hair types
- Trouble creating perfect curls for thick hair
8. Conair Xtreme Instant Heat Hot Rollers
Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, bool given in /home/customer/www/thefitbay.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/amazon-affiliate/lib/amazon.php on line 326
The gorgeous black and purple rollers come in a compact box along with butterfly clips for holding hair in place while curling.
These rollers use “ceramic-infused technology” for efficient heat transfer to make your curls last longer throughout the day. These rollers heat up in less than one minute, which saves a lot of time.
The aluminium-heating core spreads uniform heat throughout the rollers, which in turns curls your hair efficiently, giving your hair the body and volume it needs. The unique feature of these rollers is that they have a velvety surface, which protects the rollers from overheating and your hair from being burned and damaged.
- Ceramic infused technology for efficient heat transfer
- Velvety covering on the rollers to avoid overheating
- The aluminium core heats up the rollers very quickly and efficiently
- Includes “super clips” for convenience and comfort
- Ceramic infused rollers for protection
- Aluminium core to provide even heat
- Different-sized rollers for different results
- Quite affordable
- Heats up too quickly
9. CHI Smart Magnify Hot Rollers
These ceramic rollers claim to detangle your hair and create smooth looking curls. They also add volume to your hair. They heat up and are ready for use in 15 minutes. This roller set also comes with a compact base and 12 butterfly clips.
- Ceramic rollers with velvety finish
- Claims to create voluminous and long lasting curls
- Comes with a compact platform and 12 butterfly clips
- Quite sturdy
- Creates frizz-free and smooth curls
- Good for all hair types
- Quite expensive
10. Campbell Mcauley Ionic Hot Rollers
The barrels of the rollers are made up of tourmaline that ensures uniform heat production. The rollers feature cool touch ends and a sensor that indicates the rollers have heated up enough and are ready to use. This set also comes with an amazing blow dry primer to prepare your hair for curling.
The ionic generators neutralize the negative charge on the hair thus creating smoother looking and frizz-free curls. The beautiful red-coloured rollers come with a charging base and butterfly clips as well.
- Uses PTC heat technology for efficient generation of heat
- Tourmaline helps create uniform heat throughout the roller
- Comes with a blow dry primer
- Uses Ionic generator quality
- Creates smooth looking and long-lasting curls
- Detangles hair
- Heats up too quickly
- Single-sized rollers
Features to Consider Before Buying Hot Rollers
Before investing your money in a hot roller set, you must know about some important features before buying them. We have listed below some of the key features to consider before buying a hot roller set.
The most important feature to consider is the size of the rollers. Different sized rollers will give you different results. If you want tightly coiled curls, then you need rollers with a small diameter. If you want loose beachy curls, then you should look for rollers with a large diameter. The length of the rollers is also very important. Women with long hair should look for rollers with longer lengths than the usual rollers. Women with short hair should opt for the normal-sized rollers for best results. Therefore, analysing the size of the rollers while keeping in mind the length of your hair is very important.
It is always better to invest in the rollers that are made of advanced materials. Some rollers are made of simple ceramic with a velvety finish. These rollers are not quite suitable if you want your curls to last long, but they do make your hair look shinier and smoother. Most high-end rollers use Nano titanium technology, which uses infrared heat to protect your hair from damage. These rollers do not require you to use any kind of setting spray to set your curls in place.
Another important feature to consider is the heating time of the rollers. The average heating time of most rollers is 10-15 minutes. These rollers are not convenient if you are a woman who does not spend a lot of time dolling herself up. Some rollers offer fast heating time – even less than two minutes! Such rollers are very convenient to use as they save a lot of time while providing you with the best possible results.
Number of rollers and their diameter size
Many hot roller sets offer more than 10 rollers with different diameters. The more rollers, the easier to create the curls. The different diameters of the rollers are important because they create different types of curls. Large-diameter rollers are perfect for loose and voluminous curls and small-diameter rollers create tightly coiled curls or ringlets. Therefore, you need to look for the rollers that correspond with the size and style of the curls you want.
Some women do not compromise on their looks even when they are travelling. If you are one of those women, you need to look for a roller set that is easy to pack and transport. Many roller sets come with a travel pouch so you can carry them around with ease. Such roller sets are also super lightweight and don’t take up much space in your luggage. They have dual voltage settings and can be used anywhere you go, making your travel worries go disappear.
Benefits of Using Hot Rollers
There are many reasons why you should invest in hot rollers. They give boring hair life, give volume to flat-looking hair and just make your hair look gorgeous overall. We have listed some of the benefits of hot rollers below.
Change your look
All women want to look different every now and then. If you are a woman who is bored of her straight and flat hair, you need to invest in a good hot roller set. The hot rollers allow you to create beautiful, voluptuous curls as well as tightly coiled ringlets to change the look of your hair completely. You will love your changed appearance and feel more confident.
Ensures extra volume
If you have fine hair, you know pretty well how hard it can be to add volume to it. Hot rollers allow you add body to your hair from the roots to the ends, creating glorious volume. No other styling tool offers such volume.
Protects hair from damage
We know that all heat styling appliances cause damage to your hair to a certain degree. Hot rollers are better than all other heat styling tools because they use very little heat to curl the hair. This does not mean that the results are not as good as the other curling irons and wands. The curls created by hot rollers are even better and longer lasting. These rollers also have a velvety coating that allows your hair to look shinier and smoother without the use of any hair sprays.
Ensures long-lasting curls
We are always wondering if our curls will last throughout the day and end up overusing a lot of setting spray. This makes our hair look rough. With hot rollers, we do not have to worry about our curls loosening up, as some hot rollers use wax that is suitable for hair, making your curls last throughout the day.
Allows you to multitask
Compared to the curling wands and irons, the hot rollers allow you to do other work while they do their job. Just roll your hair and you can do other chores. This feature saves a lot of time, as the hands-free approach gives you perfect results.
Many women want to have perfect, bouncy curls and will go out of their way to a salon to get their hair blow-dried. This costs them a fortune. They also have to make an appointment first which is time-consuming as well. Hot rollers give you the luxury of achieving perfect curls at home. These hot rollers are quite budget friendly. They save you the hassle of going to a salon to get perfect curls. Of course, there are some high-end hot rollers as well, but you do not need them at the start. Start by using the affordable ones and slowly move your way up to the expensive ones once you have mastered the technique.
Saves you from getting burned
We all know the struggle of using curling wands and irons when we have to be careful all the time. These irons get very hot and tend to burn our forehead, fingers, neck and cheeks if we are not being careful. That is not the case with hot rollers at all. They use less heat and have no contact with our skin thus protecting us from getting petty burns.
How to Use Hot Rollers
The following steps will help you know how to use hot rollers for achieving perfect, long-lasting curls.
- You can start by washing your hair. This step can be optional if you do not have enough time as the hot rollers can create perfect curls with unwashed hair as well.
- If you have washed your hair, make sure it is completely dry.
- Spray on some heat protectant spray if you have fine hair. This step is optional as well. The rollers do not use very high heat, thus minimizing the damage.
- Divide your hair into three sections before starting. This will allow you to work efficiently and save you a lot of time.
- Start with the front of your hair. Wrap a chunk of hair around the roller and roll it back towards the roots of your hair. Do that with your entire head and secure your hair with butterfly clips.
- Once you are finished rolling, keep the rollers in your hair for about 20-25 minutes and let them cool down.
- Remove the rollers gently one by one from each section without twirling them. This will give them perfect shape. You can run your fingers through your hair or brush them in order to achieve well-defined curls.
Hot rollers have proved to be amazing means of achieving perfect curls for quite a long time now. If you choose them wisely according to your hair type, length, and texture, you can create perfect, bouncy and well-defined curls with their help in no time. This article will guide you in choosing the hot rollers perfect for your hair needs as everything related to hot rollers is addressed in the above segment.
Your Questions Answered (FAQ)
1. Can hot rollers be used on wet hair?
No, hot rollers must be used on completely dry hair for the best results.
2. How long should hot rollers be left in the hair?
You should leave hot rollers in your hair until they have cooled down. This process takes about 20-25 minutes. However, some hot rollers heat up quickly and curl your hair in less than five minutes.
3. Can hot rollers damage hair?
Hot rollers minimize the damage to your hair, as they do not use as much heat as the other heat styling tools do.
4. Can hot rollers work with thick and naturally curly hair?
Of course. However, you would need to smooth down your hair first and then curl it with hot rollers for perfect and well-defined curls.
5. Can we sleep in hot rollers?
It is not recommended to sleep with hot rollers in your hair as they can burn your scalp. The rollers can also be very uncomfortable to lie on.